Market Entry Scheme
With a drive to continue assisting and supporting the indigenous industry, the Malta Enterprise has outlined the below parameters to enable Maltese producers to participate at international markets. Malta Enterprise with the collaboration of the Malta Film Commission will assist forthcoming applicants however all approvals will always be subject to budget. Please find hereunder the guidelines which Malta Enterprise will adhere to with future applications from Film Production companies.
• Criteria 1 : If a production company is seeking to export (qua distribute etc) the final production, defined as a full feature film created over the last 5 years.
• Criteria 2 : If a production company / service provider of filming equipment is exhibiting in an overseas event with an exhibition stand. This is the closest to the traditional fair, with proof submitted by the client to claim for rent space, stand construction etc.
• Criteria 3 : If a production company is seeking financial support (qua producer) for a script/teaser to attend B2B meetings or film festival for such financing purposes. In these cases, Malta Enterprise will limit its support to the top 3 ranked companies in the two categories of the Malta Film Fund.
– Capping per individual enterprise is as per table below.
– Evidence of participation would be required before and after the event.
– Complete applications should reach Malta Enterprise 3 months prior to the event. Application forms can be downloaded via the following url: http://www.maltaenterprise.com/en/support/trade-promotion
Summary of the new parameters:
|Capp for one year||Applications accepted each year by ME|
|Criteria 1||Final production (attending B2B meetings in a film festival)||€5,000 per applicant|
|Criteria 2||Exhibiting filming equipment or other related services with a stand in a fair||€10,000 per applicant|
|Criteria 3||Attending B2B meetings or film festivals and having ranked in the top 3 in the two categories of the MFC film fund.||€4,000 per applicant||3 Productions, 3 Scripts|
For more information about the Market Entry and Internationalisation Scheme, please email Senior Executive of Malta Enterprise Ms Carmen Walls: firstname.lastname@example.org